Pages

Friday 25 September 2015

My Pepeha

My Pepeha

  • Create and Present your own pepeha.
  • Use the template below to help you write it.
  • Select at least two landmarks, your tribe (if applicable), and two caregivers
  • Learn your Pepeha off by heart. Record yourself saying it to share to blog.


Tena Koutou Greetings
Ko Maungarei te Maunga My mountain is _____________
Ko _Waimakoia te Awa My river is _________________
Ko Waitemata te Moana My ocean is  _______________
Ko _wakarere te Waka My waka/boat is ____________
Ko  Hoi te iwi My tribe is _________________
No  Tamaki makaurau ahau*, I live in ___________________*
engari no Tonga   oku tipuna but my Ancestors come from _________.
Ko Daniel,Misi toku pāpā /koroa My father/grandfather is ____________.
Ko Ema,Ana  toku māmā/kuia My Mother/grandmother  is _________.
Ko Monica ,Samoa  toku whaea/matua My Aunty/Uncle is ____________
Ko James toku ingoa My name is _________________
Tena koutou tena koutou tena koutou katoa
* When you share to blog, put the place you live as either

  • Auckland - Tamaki Makaurau, or
  • New Zealand - Aotearoa
  • Maungarei = Mt Wellington
  • Waimakoia = local river

No comments:

Post a Comment